DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL CROPS
The Department of Industrial Crops was established in 1977, formerly Crop Science Department of University of Agriculture 4, Ho Chi Minh City.
Head of Department: Mr. Vo Thai Dan, PhD.
Mr. Tran Van Lot, MSc.
Mr. Nguyen Äuc Xuan Chuong, PhD.
Mrs. Nguyen Thi Thuy Lieu, MSc.
Mrs. Nguyen Thi Huyen Trang, MSc.
Mr. Tran Van Binh, MSc.
Equipment for training:
A laboratory for practical with basic equipment and seed science form Darwin Initiative support (2002) for crop testing, seed testing, seed longevity modeling, seed vigour, dormancy, priming, seed quality and storage.
Teaching for industrial crops for Agronomy section for full-time and part-time students.
The main subjects are:
- Perennial industrial crops: coffee, tea, rubber, coconut, cocoa, black-pepper, cashew.
- Annual industrial crops: sugar-cane, soybean, peanut, tobacco, cotton, jute, sesame.
- Medicinal plants.
- Seed physiology and Storage.
- General subjects:
- General Agronomy
- Seed Science and Technology
- Full-time and part-time student training each year: 600 students.
- Thesis supervisor: 60 students (undergraduate), 6 (post-graduate)
- Phan Gia Tan. 1983. Sugar-cane and Cultivation in Southern Vietnam. Agriculture Publisher, 190 pp.
- Phan Gia Tân. 1984. Pineapple and Cultivation in Southern Vietnam Cây dá»©a và ká»¹ thuáºt trá»ng dá»©a á» miá»n Nam. Agriculture Publisher, 158 pp.
- Le Quang Hung. 1999. Cultivation and Harveting Coffee for Export. Educationl Publisher. 179 pp.
- Le Quang Hung. 2003. General Agronomy, Principles and Practices, National University Publisher, Ho Chi Minh city, 182 pp.
- Le Quang Hung. 2007. Seed Science and Technology, Physiology and Storage. Agriculture Publisher, 103 pp.
- Le Quang Hung. 2008. Seed Science and Technology, Principles and Practices. Agriculture Publisher, 163 tr.
The main scientific activities are: application of integrated crop management for high yield, good quality and reducing input for industrial crops. The core of application concentrates on crop growth, sustainable yield, quality product test, seed science and technology such as: vigour, viability, dormancy, longevity modeling, seed quality testing, storage and plant biodiversity.
CO-OPERATION AND TECHNICAL TRANSFER
The Department of Industrial Crops involved in national projects:
- KX- 08 project for sugar-cane and soybean cultivation in Dinh Quan district, Dong Nai province.
- Sugar-cane production project in 2000.
- Rural and mountain development in Ngoc Dinh village, Dinh Quan district, Dong Nai province.
- Rural and mountain development project in Sung Nhon village, Duc Linh district, Binh Thuan province.
- Rubber technical application project.
- The international projects:
- SAREC project (sugar-cane)
- CIP, CIAT project (root crops)
- Darwin Initiative project (Seed Conservation) from 2001-2003 and co-operation until present.
- FAO-LEAD: Integration of crops and livestock in Long An, Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Ho ChiMinh City (2002-2004).
- Technical transfer for agriculture:
The Department of Industrial Crops involving in broadcasting technical transfer and extension for industrial crops such as coffee, cashew, seed science and technology.
- Sugar-cane varieties and cultivation for local farms in Southern Vietnam.
- Coffee cultural techniques for high yield and good quality in Lam Dong, Dong Nai, Binh Phuoc and Ba Ria- Vung Tau province.
- Cashew cultural techniques for high yield in in Dinh Quan district, Dong Nai province.
- Application of plant growth regulator for coffee fruit-set in Binh Phuoc (1999-2001).
- Application of plant growth regulator for cashew fruit-set and quality in Binh Phuoc (2003- 2006).
STAFF MEMBER SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
1. Mr. Vo Thai Dan, PhD.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific activities: Technical application for high yield and quality on tea, plant biodiversity.
2. Mr. Tran Van Lot, MSc.
Scientific activities: Technical application for high yield on rubber and soybean.
3. Mr. Nguyen Duc Xuan Chuong, PhD.
Email : email@example.com
Scientific activities: Technical application for high yield and quality coffee and cocoa.
4. Mrs. Nguyen Thi Thuy Lieu, MSc.
Scientific activities: Technical application for high yield and quality on sugar-cane, peanut, cotton, jute and sesame.
5. Mrs. Nguyen Thi Huyen Trang, MSc.
6. Mr. Tran Van Binh, MSc.
Page count : :12767
Created : 27-11-2008
Last modify :17-09-2018