DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS AND
Address: Room 108, Phuong Vy Building, Nong Lam University,
Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City.
Telephone: 08. 38961710
I. General introduction
- Teaching subjects: Fundamental Genetics, Plant Breeding and Seed Technology for full-time and part-time students.
- Editing curriculum and materials related to the teaching subjects.
- Thesis supervisor: undergraduate and graduate (Master and PhD degree) students.
- Research: Study the theoretic and methodic problems for plant breeding and create new varieties (purebred, composite, hybrid and mutants).
Mr. Ho Tan Quoc, Lecturer, Head of department; E-mail: email@example.com
Mr. Nguyen Chau Nien, Lecturer; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Nguyen Phuong, Lecturer E-mail: email@example.com
Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Duyen, Lecturer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Nguyen Tuyet Nhung Tuong, Lecturer Email: email@example.com
- Every year, the department gives lectures for 8 - 10 classes, supervises 25 – 30 students with graduation paper.
- Training technicians in tissue culture technique.
- Textbooks :
+ Phan Thanh Kiem, 2008. Seed Technology of some short day crops, Agriculture Publisher, 162 p.
+ Phan Thanh Kiem, 2007. Quantitative Genetics: principle and problem application in crop plant research, Agriculture Publisher, 164 p.
+ Phan Thanh Kiem, 2006. Plant Breeding, Agriculture Publisher, 288 p.
+ Tu BichThuy, 2004. Plant Breeding, National University Publisher, HCM city, 220 p.
+ Nguyen Phuong, Ho Tan Quoc, 2007. Fundamental Genetics (internal document).
+ Tu BichThuy, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2002. Plant Breeding (internal document).
+ Tu BichThuy, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2002. Fundamental Genetics (internal document).
III. Research activities
- Collect some crop varieties, compare and test some promising varieties.
- Create and select new varieties by crossing or experimental mutating.
- Participate in scientific research of National projects.
- Collaborate with other Institute and Research Center to conduct research on selecting and rescuing old crop varieties, testing new varieties.
- Plant cell tissue culture: flowering, industrial and fruit plants.
- Transfer tissue culture plants and vegetable crops.
Page count : :12741
Created : 21-01-2008
Last modify :17-09-2018